Sunday, April 17, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Travel By Plate. 

My name is Michelle, and I live on the West Coast of the United States.
I love to eat, and I'd love to travel the world but I just don't have the budget to do it. I'm working on that though... am playing the lottery faithfully. In the meantime, I live vicariously through my ever expanding cookbook collection, and watching food shows. Since I have an extensive collection of cookbooks, as I cook through them, I'll post reviews.

So, here is a template of what I'll be cooking up on a daily basis:
  • Monday- Mediterranean: Italian, Greek, Spanish, Southern French (Provence), Turkish, Syrian, Northern African
  • Tuesday- Eastern: any Asian cuisine
  • Wednesday- Western: Pacific (including entire west coast and Hawaii), Tex Mex, Mexican
  • Thursday- Tropical: Central & South American, Caribbean, African, Australian, New Zealand dishes, Indian, Philippine cuisine, Thai, Vietnamese
  • Friday- French, Basque, Irish, Scottish, English, German, Scandinavian
  • Saturday- Southern: anything from the American South or East Coast
  • Sunday- Seafood: any seafood, any preparation
And of course, there will be desserts... and chocolate. 
Hope you enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment