Saturday, April 30, 2011

Old comfort food favorite- Peanut Sauce

Ok, so I know this isn't Southern food (since it's "Southern Food Saturday"), but it is comfort food from my days as a vegetarian. Can be made vegetarian or not, and is good on darn near anything... I think gravel would be good with it.

This sauce is trouble... I could eat the entire thing in one sitting. In fact, I was so eager, I forgot to take a pic.
Try it on pasta, chicken, tofu, broccoli, your finger... whatever floats your boat.

In a blender, combine:
1 cup peanut (or almond) butter
1 1/2 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
juice of 1 lime
peeled, sliced ginger- about the length of your thumb (more or less depending on your tastes)
1 tablespoon soy (or fish) sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Blend till smooth. Pour into a saucepan, cook over medium low heat till bubbling and the thickness you want it at. Taste it. Adjust as you like it- more sweetness, more heat from cayenne.

No comments:

Post a Comment